Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Redheaded Heroes

Last December I finally did it.  I dyed my hair red!  It might have seemed impulsive and crazy, but I've always wanted red hair.  And I have no regrets about doing it!  Look how FUN it is!



Besides, I can now *un*officially join my list of "redheaded heroes":

Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables












Pippi Longstocking











Lucy Ricardo from I Love Lucy












Dolly Levi (Barbra Streisand) from Hello Dolly









Ariel from the Little Mermaid












Little Orphan Annie









Deborah Kerr (She can SING and she got men like Yule Brenner and Cary Grant!)










 


Sydney Bristow from ALIAS (ell, she wasn't always a redhead, but she was always awesome)












AND - just one more I promise - my very first "big purchase" as a kid: Felicity the American girl doll:













Let's face it -- red hair typically goes with someone a little quirky, mighty fiesty, and a lot of fun.  I'd say it suits me just right!  (And I've always liked a little extra attention...)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had not made those connections. Yes, that is perfect for you! Plus, your Great-Grandad Gish's desire for a "cute red head" to run away with. Your baby strawberry blonde hair was just enough for him.

Kalie said...

I love all of those characters and I think red totally suits you too! I love it! :)

Unknown said...

Looks great on you, Katie! Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorites, too! God bless!

Post a Comment