Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 28, 2010

Favorite Fixes

Recent self discovery:  I love stories where something (or someone) is dirty, broken, or unused and the hero of the story swoops in to clean, fix, and improve said thing. 

Although these these movies and stories are not recent additions to my list of "things I love", I have only just realized that they all have the "fix-it" theme in common:

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Sandlot
Pollyanna
Calamity Jane
Miss Congeniality
Swiss Family Robinson
Secret Garden
Little Princess
The Boxcar Children
Lemony Snicket: Series of Unfortunate Events
Esther (from the Bible)
Pippi Longstocking
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Are you imagining the scenes in your head now? Those moments of makeovers or projects that result in a complete improvement by the end.  Good.

What I'm thinking is this: maybe the theme of transformation is going to be a big part of my role as a character in God's story.  Maybe these are some of my favorite movies, books, and stories because I see in them what I want to see in my life's tale--transformation, restoration, rejuvenation.  Not only do I constantly want and pray for a total spiritual makeover in my life, I also want to be used by God to assist in the same process for someone or something else.  Not that God needs my help to complete the task, but that I can't think of anything better for me to do with my time here on earth.  I'll be humbled and grateful if I ever get the opportunity to be a tool in the transformation of something He is crafting for His kingdom--whether it be a ministry, a relationship, or something else I can't even dream up.  But if that day never comes, I'll be happy to just be continually molded, made-over, and a "project" of my Dad in heaven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment