Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just One Day

Just one day
That's all I want.
Just twenty-four hours
without wondering what comes next
or what on earth I'm doing.
Because I'm here, it's my home.
Like it or loathe it.
To dream every single day is exhausting.
Just one day, is it so much to ask?

I see others without such woe
No pursuit of destiny.
Blind to the colors yet to be discovered.
and oh how I long for that freedom!
Because along with yearning comes doubt.
What if? What if? What if?
Make. It. Stop.

But yet I am a dreamer
and I pray I continue to be.
No illusions that "this is it."
I know my heart is calling me beyond that.

Helpless as it makes me,
no life could be better
than one that seeks significance
and definition in Him who created my dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment