Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Good Christian Girl.

Thanks to one of the many people I follow on Twitter, I found the following article from Christianity Today.  "The Good Christian Girl:  What heeding a decade and a half of dating advice can mean."  http://bit.ly/a50JWA

I was shocked with how much of this article mirrored conversations and attitudes I've encountered in my life, and in myself.  So please take a moment to read it and think about it. 

Be careful what you say and how you treat the single Christian women you know because, as the article clearly describes, often we feel like we just can't win.  I've seen many of my friends in Dallas take the same path as the Good Christian Girl in this fable and I think it's avoidable with a little more love from their christian community.

We all have a responsibility to love and extend grace.  So let's not forget the importance of extending grace to our christian family in addition to those who don't believe in God.  It's Christlike to give each other the freedom to be different, the freedom to be honest and vulnerable, and it's a powerful witness to those wondering if they'll "fit in" the Christian family.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

I love you, Katie! I always will! And don't you ever forget that!

Post a Comment