Ads 468x60px

Friday, July 9, 2010

Social Networking Dilemma

I like certain aspects of Twitter and Facebook, but not all of them. For instance, if I find myself caring too much, I get emotionally exhausted by worrying that something I post will be too dull, too religious, too boastful, too cheesy, too pathetic, or even offensive. Almost every day I find myself wishing that I could have separate accounts for my job, my spiritual thoughts, my peers, and younger/older generations. I think that would make life easier.  Is anyone else with me on this?

Yet, once again, my quest for authenticity demands that I not separate my life into categories. I can’t simply one facet of myself without also being all the rest at the same time. That’d be like ___(insert obvious and profound parallel here)___.



So in this great social networking battle that I find myself in, I’ve decided that I just need to be 100% me, 100% of the time. (Regardless of whether or not I’ll get a judgmental comment or lose a few followers.)

Besides, if honesty is always the best policy—so why am I fretting over this? Note to self: get a grip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment