Ads 468x60px

Friday, January 7, 2011

Five Question Friday (FQF): Saving

1. When dining out, do you usually save room for dessert?
No, but an exception would be if I'm with a group and we decide to split a dessert.  Typically, I only allow myself to buy a meal and maybe a drink when I go out...and since when did some restaurant portions get so LARGE? How can I have room for dessert if I eat my meal?!

2. How do you feel about saving places in line or saving seats in theaters?
Unless someone is already there but had to leave to go pee, I hate saving places in line. First, it makes me feel like I have invisible friends and everyone thinks I'm crazy (think about it, I'm motioning my hands around an empty area and telling people "Sorry, but my friends are actually here."). Second, it's annoying to me when other people save places so why should I do it?

3. What’s one thing you did to save money this past year?
I sewed all my own clothes and started a garden.  Okay, maybe not.  But I did work a part-time job for four months to cover events, trips, and purchases that I knew were coming up.

4. Besides money, what’s something you’re saving for later?
There's a smoked turkey in my freezer that I'm waiting to eat. Seriously, a whole turkey. It's actually taking up a lot of room in there...so "later" might need to be soon.

5. In what way did you recently save the best for last?
At Christmas, I made a video for my family that I presented the day AFTER Christmas. I think it was the best, and it was certainly last.

Happy Friday everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment