Ads 468x60px

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Obedience

I'm thoroughly enjoying the two-week daily Bible reading plan that I started using You Version on my phone.  Should you wish to view this plan, or others offered by You Version, check out: http://www.youversion.com/reading-plans/obedience

I don't think obedience is something I consider much these days when I'm making decisions.  This week I really tried to think about what actions of mine were going to be obedient or disobedient to what God wants me to do with the time and resources and personaility that He's given me.  It was kinda like asking myself "What Would Jesus Do" and taking a moment to think before making decisions.  It was a revealing week and certainly one of growth.

If you're also realizing that you lack the concept of obedience to God on a daily basis, I encourage you to read the verses in the reading plan mentioned above.  It's hard to deny the importance of obedience when you remember that scripture is full of instructions like this:

1 John 2:3-6:
And we can be sure that we know him if we obey his commandments. If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth. But those who obey God’s word truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him. Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment