Ads 468x60px

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Romans 11:33-36, The Message

Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It's way over our heads. We'll never figure it out.

Is there anyone around who can explain God? Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do? Anyone who has done him such a huge favor that God has to ask his advice?

Everything comes from him; Everything happens through him; Everything ends up in him.

I miss the tradition of a doxology that was read at the end of every service when I attended St. Judes Church of Ireland in Belfast. The doxology usually sounded like these verses in that it always was scripture and brought glory to God. I liked being sent out from a church service each week with scripture that uplifts and inspires. I need to be better about filling my prayers with scripture and conversations with praise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment