Ads 468x60px

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Genesis 22:12-13, The Message

"Don't lay a hand on that boy! Don't touch him! Now I know how fearlessly you fear God; you didn't hesitate to place your son, your dear son, on the altar for me." Abraham looked up. He saw a ram caught by its horns in the thicket. Abraham took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son.

I'm thinking about sacrifice tonight. I heard someone at church share her testimony about following the Lord even when His plan is not what she thought it was going to be. I bet Abraham had a similar feeling when God asked him to kill his son. But sometimes I think God must actually test us and our willingness to follow Him. Are we going to walk the walk? It might seem weird for God to test us, but honestly, the more I think about it, the more fair it seems. He is God after all. He's not unfair, He won't test us beyond what we can bear, and He never tempts us. That's the devil's work.

Also, this story reminds me of Hannah and Samuel (1 Samuel 1), but I'll talk more about that tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment