Ads 468x60px

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Romans 12:9-11, New Living Translation

Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.

GENUINE
Function: adjective
Definition: having the reputed or apparent qualities or character, produced by or proceeding from the alleged source or author, sincerely and honestly felt or experienced, free from hypocrisy or pretense.

I was thinking about the word genuine today after I used it to describe someone I know. I realize that it's a synonym of Authentic, my theme word, so this fascination isn't really a surprise. However, finding verses in the Bible that command Christians to use this honest emotion, solidifies my belief that true love (honest, authentic, genuine, sincere) is what we all need and want -- and we're capable of giving and receiving it if we get our hearts right with God's and see others the way He sees them.

1 comments:

Vince Ellwood said...

You are genuine, Katie, through and through! I love you and I love what you are writing here on this blog. May God continue to inspire you and may He also keep you close in His righteous, right hand! Dad

Post a Comment