Ads 468x60px

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Matthew 4:18-25

After small group tonight I wanted to reword this passage in my own words, as if I were a character in the story. So here is my attempt:

As Jesus walked along a well-traveled and familiar place, He saw a young woman working at her job. Jesus said to her, "Join me. I'll show you how to go beyond your normal work and life an eternally focused life. Together we'll show others about love." The young woman immediately agreed and changed her entire life in order to follow Him.

A little further away, Jesus and the woman came across more people who were working, going to school, and pursuing their normal routines. The same offer was made and everyone abandoned their old lives as they knew them and followed Jesus.

From this point on, these individuals walked with Jesus throughout their community. Everywhere they went, the spoke of truth and the love of Christ. People were healed both physically and spiritually as a result. God was glorified.

0 comments:

Post a Comment